These online courses fulfill the core market research educational needs of individuals and companies worldwide.
The Principles Express line of courses provides learners at all levels with the foundation they need to conduct successful market research. Each 8- to 14-hour course is loaded with practical information that students can begin to apply immediately:
- Introduction to Market Research and the Research Process is an essential introduction for individuals just entering the field as well as those who want a broader view.
- Research Design and Data Identification will enable you to identify the issue a business faces, determine information needs, develop research objectives and hypotheses, and determine the best way to achieve the research objectives.
- Sampling in Market Research will teach you how to select the best sample for your research project. You’ll understand how well the sample covers your target population and how any potential sample biases may impact your results.
- Qualitative Market Research teaches you how to find the “why” behind various respondent behaviors, perceptions and motivations. Qualitative research effectively surfaces ideas and hypotheses.
- Quantitative Data Collection Methods course will teach you how to choose the most appropriate data collection method given your audience, the topic area of your research, and the methodology you plan to use.
- Measurement and Questionnaire Design is coming in Q4.
- The new Analytics 1-2-3 bundled course includes the following courses, which are also available separately:
- Working with Secondary Data: Syndicated and Big Data introduces the many secondary data sources available to you. You will learn about the value and challenges you might encounter when linking primary and secondary data, and gain insights into the “big data” world in which businesses now operate.
- Introduction to Data Analysis introduces you to the critical concepts common to the analysis of quantitative research data, with special attention to survey data analysis.
- Advanced Analytic Techniques serves as a primer for some of the more advanced statistical methods you may encounter as a researcher, with greater attention to techniques which are frequently used with secondary data. Topics include: conjoint analysis, multiple regression, cluster analysis for segmentation, linear regression, perceptual mapping and factor analysis.
- Communicating Research Results shows you how to turn market research findings into actionable recommendations. Learn how to translate your findings from market research studies of all kinds into reports and presentations that grab your audience’s attention, address the business decision your client needs to make, and offer sound and useful recommendations.
- Global Market Research reveals the complexities of managing a global market research project with multiple clients and stakeholders. Without the ability to “localize” the tools of data collection and analysis, findings may be subject to misinterpretation.
- Emerging Methods and the Future of Market Research describes rapidly evolving trends in the market research industry. The course reviews broad technological, cultural, and business trends — and the impact of these trends on how research is conducted and insights generated.
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Market Research will help you navigate the labyrinth of legal requirements by introducing you to a set of ethical principles that will position you to meet the vast majority of legal requirements.
Principles of Market Research
The Principles of Market Research is our flagship course. It is a comprehensive, rigorous, self-study online training program that teaches the entirety of the MRCBOK (Market Research Core Body of Knowledge): the fundamental skills needed to conduct robust and insightful market research. Delivered in English over the Internet, the course allows learners to progress at their own pace, assisted when necessary by consultation with an online coach-mentor. Successful completion qualifies graduates for the certification programs of three professional associations worldwide.
Principles of Pharmaceutical Market Research
The Principles of Pharmaceutical Market Research teaches the fundamentals of market research from the perspective of the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries. It has the same rigor as our Principles of Market Research Course augmented with case studies and real-life examples from the world of Pharma.